Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Specialist
MIET Africa is an NPO working in education development across the Southern African Development Community Region. In partnership with the National Education Collaboration Trust and the Educate a Child Foundation, MIET Africa is implementing the Education: My right! My future! (E: MRMF) project that aims to strengthen schools and education districts to bring out-of-school children into or back to school. The project is being implemented in six education districts spread across four provinces (Eastern Cape, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and North West) in South Africa. The focus of the project is to improve education access, retention and progress of children.
MIET Africa requires a Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Specialist to manage and oversee the MER of the project, as well as provide high-level monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support to MIET Africa management as required.
This is a one-year contract post, renewable for a further year. The successful applicant will be based at MIET Africa’s head office in Durban, but will be required to travel extensively.
- Develop the MER framework and M&E plan for the E: MRMF project
- Manage and implement all aspects of the MER of the project, including baseline research and ongoing M&E
- Work closely with a database specialist to establish and manage a database of learners to be enrolled and tracked during the project
- Oversee and support the implementation of M&E activities carried out by the provincial project managers and their implementation teams
- Produce MER and project reports as per the project proposal and implementation plan requirements
- Relevant tertiary qualification in M&E (preferably post-graduate) and experience in MER (at least five years)
Experience in education development will be an advantage.
- Ability to develop MER frameworks and design research and evaluation studies
- Expertise and experience in the establishment and management of databases, including the collation and analyses of both qualitative and quantitative data
- Ability to interact at all levels and across sectors
- Good organizational and management skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office suite and data analysis packages)
- Code EB (08) unendorsed driver’s licence
- Own reliable vehicle
Interested applicants should email the following:
- A letter of application, clearly stating “E: MRMF 2017”
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of ID or passport
- Copy of driver’s licence
- Copies of qualifications
- Traceable references from within the last three years
To: HR Department, MIET Africa
The remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
MIET Africa reserves the right not to fill the post or to re-advertise to widen the pool of applicants. It also reserves the right to do a complete verification of all information supplied.
Closing date for submission is 10 June 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Training Co-ordinator —
Education: My right! My future! Programme
Mt Frere, Eastern Cape
MIET Africa, an NGO working in education development, seeks to appoint a Training Co-ordinator to provide training and support to a group of 37 primary schools in the Mt Frere District Office in the Eastern Cape. The successful applicant will be responsible for the overall coordination, training and support of district officials, teachers, caregivers and community members of the Education: My right! My future! Programme in the district.
Education: My right! My future! is a partnership programme between the National Education Collaboration Trust, Educate a Child Foundation and MIET Africa, and aims to support vulnerable and out of school children to access school, attend school regularly and complete their primary schooling.
Knowledge and experience required
- Relevant tertiary qualification (graduate level) in education and/or development
- Knowledge and experience in the education and/or development sectors
- Expertise in addressing barriers to learning experienced by vulnerable children is an advantage
- A minimum of three years’ experience in project coordination, adult facilitation and training, and community partnership building
- Knowledge of basic monitoring and evaluation (data collection and management)
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with project partners, clients and stakeholders at all levels
- Computer literacy (MS Office package)
- Valid and unendorsed driver’s licence
Key performance areas
The provincial training coordinator is expected to ensure effective project implementation by managing all components of the project, i.e.:
- Ensuring effective project implementation
- Working as a member of a team in project implementation
- Managing information and reporting
- Managing effective communication and flow of information
- Project monitoring and evaluation
Interested applicants should:
Send an email, clearly stating “EAC Provincial Training Coordinator: Eastern Cape” in the subject line, and attach:
- A letter of application, clearly stating the position
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copy of ID
- Copy of work permit (if non-South African resident)
- Copy of valid and unendorsed driver’s licence
- Copy of qualifications
To: HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note the following:
The salary will be discussed with the successful applicant.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
MIET Africa reserves the right not to fill the post, or to re-advertise to widen the pool of applicants. It also reserves the right to do a complete verification of all information supplied.
Closing date for applications is 12 June 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.