The CSTL Handbook is a simpler adaptation of the National Support Pack, and is intended to guide and strengthen the implementation of the Care and Support for Teaching and Learning (CSTL) programme in schools, by providing information on the policies and principles underpinning the CSTL programme, as well as guidance on implementing the ten defined Priority Action Areas at school level.
The handbook consists of the following sections:
- Introduction: The Conceptual Framework for Care and Support for Teaching and Learning and other available materials
- Part 1: The Integrated Package of Care and Support, and the national minimum requirements for their implementation in the ten Priority Action Areas
- Part 2: The enabling environment necessary in schools, districts and provinces for care and support action
- A school-level monitoring tool that should be used to assess the current situation (baseline) of the implementation of the CSTL Programme and track progress over time (Annexure A)
- A school reporting template to gather information at the school level on the nature and the extent of implementation,