Creatively capture and interpret a Swedish innovation
through the lens of your camera! Give it a South African gist!
Win a trip to Sweden!
Competition is open to all South Africans.
Entries are welcome until June 16.
About the contest:
To draw attention to the importance of innovations and creativity for societal development, and to celebrate the long friendship between South Africa and Sweden, we invite all South Africans to participate in a photo contest entitled
Swedish Innovations – South African Interpretations
You are challenged to creatively and artistically capture and interpret Swedish innovations, through the lens of your camera (or cell phone or any other photo equipment). Smart, out-of-the-box entries, which simultaneously capture the spirit of South Africa will be premiered.
The winner gets a trip to Sweden. Finalists get exhibited and potentially published.
The winner and finalists are named by a jury of South African and Swedish dignitaries. The decision of the jury cannot be overruled.
Send entries to:
Embassy of Sweden Attn: Uriel Moraloki
P.O. Box 13477, Hatfield 0028, Pretoria
1. Entries are to be sent to the Embassy in 8″x10″ (20.3cm x 25.4cm) prints, each marked on backside with
a) the name of the work,
b) the innovation being captured,
c) name, e-mail address, and phone number of photographer
2. Attach a letter to the entry in which you briefly describe yourself and repeat contact details.
3. Up to ten entries per photographer. All entries from the same photographer can be submitted in one envelope.
4. Do not attach originals or electronic files in the application.
5. Photographers selected for the exhibit will be contacted before the end of July and requested to send their high resolution photo in a file or on a DVD or CD. Winner will be announced in the later part of the year.
Contest is open until June 16
More info at . . . . .
Embassy website: swedenabroad.com/Pretoria
Facebook: facebook.com/SwedeninSA and