Vacancy: Finance Manager
MIET AFRICA, a regional NGO working in education development, requires a Finance Manager. This is a twelve-month contract position. The successful applicant will be based at MIET AFRICA’s head office in Durban.
- Regular reporting on organisation cash-flow situation, as required
- Preparation and review of monthly management/board financial reporting
- Attend board meetings and present to the board on financial matters
- Review of month-end reconciliations including but not limited to:
- Bank reconciliation
- Payroll reconciliation
- VAT reconciliation
- Petty cash reconciliation
- Fixed asset register
- Review of statutory returns before submission including but not limited to:
- Annual tax return
- CIPC return
- NPO directorate narrative report
- PAYE/VAT submissions
- Coordinate annual audit and oversee annual audit process
- Undertake internal audits and report to audit committee
- Review organisation agreements as and when required
- Assist with the annual organisational budget process
- With regard to large projects: review/assist with the proposal budget conceptualisation, quarterly reporting, as well as implementing the necessary financial processes for effective control
- Ad-hoc review of monthly payments
- Advise the CEO/CFO/board of any financial risks that may require action
- Support Operations Manager with financial information required to assist implementation teams to develop and implement plans against budget
- Ensure that procedures facilitate operations whilst managing risk
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team
- Act as lead liaison with implementing teams to solve bottlenecks and facilitate solutions within quick timeframes
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment
- Represent the organisation with varied stakeholders (funders, partners and suppliers)
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the CFO informed of all critical issues
- Continuously question systems in search of greater efficiency
- Keep up to date with trends in finance world, explore and act on them
- Develop, implement and monitor the financial policies and procedures systems
- B Comm or relevant finance degree or diploma
- Minimum of five years’ experience
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, self-confidence
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Integrative team working style, approachable, adaptable, able to foster team spirit
- Able to effectively interface with all levels of on-site and off-site employees and contractors
- Ability to work with and report on variety of funder systems and practices
- Good communication and listening skills
Interested applicants should:
Send an email, clearly stating “FINANCE MANAGER” in the subject line, and attach:
- A letter of application, clearly stating the position
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copy of ID or passport
- Copy of work permit where relevant
- Copy of driver’s licence
- Copy of qualifications
- Copy of latest salary slip
To: HR on email@example.com
Note the following:
The salary will be discussed with the successful candidate.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
MIET AFRICA reserves the right not to fill the post, or to re-advertise to widen the pool of applicants or to head hunt a suitable candidate.
MIET AFRICA also reserves the right to do a complete verification of all information supplied.
Closing date for applications is 31 August 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MIET AFRICA will not subsidise any relocation costs borne by the successful candidate.