Vacancy: Finance Manager
MIET AFRICA, a regional NGO working in education development, requires a Finance Manager. This is a twelve-month contract position. The successful applicant will be based at MIET AFRICA’s head office in Durban.
- Regular reporting on organisation cash-flow situation, as required
- Preparation and review of monthly management / board financial reporting
- Attend board meetings and present to the board on financial matters
- Review of month-end reconciliations including but not limited to:
- Bank reconciliation
- Payroll reconciliation
- VAT reconciliation
- Petty cash reconciliation
- Fixed asset register
- • Review of statutory returns before submission including but not limited to:
- Annual tax return
- CIPC return
- NPO directorate narrative report
- PAYE/VAT submissions
- Coordinate annual audit and oversee annual audit process
- Undertake internal audits and report to audit committee
- Review organisation agreements as and when required
- Assist with the annual organisational budget process
- With regard to large projects: review/assist with the proposal budget conceptualisation, quarterly reporting, as well as implementing the necessary financial processes for effective control
- Ad-hoc review of monthly payments
- Advise the CEO/CFO/Board of any financial risks that may require action
- Support Operations Manager with financial information required to assist implementation teams to develop and implement plans against budget
- Ensure that procedures facilitate operations whilst managing risk
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team
- Act as lead liaison with implementing teams to solve bottlenecks and facilitate solutions within quick timeframes
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment
- Represent the organisation with varied stakeholders (funders, partners and suppliers)
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the CFO informed of all critical issues
- Continuously question systems in search of greater efficiency
- Keep up to date with trends in finance world, explore and act on them
- Develop, implement and monitor the financial policies and procedures systems
- Chartered Accountant with 2 years post articles
- Minimum of five years’ experience
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, self-confidence
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Integrative team working style, easy contact, rapid to adaptation, can foster team spirit
- Able to effectively interface with all levels of on-site and off-site employees and contractors
- Ability to work with and report on variety of funder systems and practices
- Good communication skills and capable of listening
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD:
Send an email, clearly stating “FINANCE MANAGER” in the subject line, and attach:
- A letter of application, clearly stating the position
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copy of ID
- Copy of valid and unendorsed driver’s licence
- Copy of qualifications
- Copy of most recent payslip
To: HR on email@example.com
Note the following:
The salary will be discussed with the successful applicant.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
MIET AFRICA reserves the right not to fill the post, or to re-advertise to widen the pool of applicants or to head hunt a suitable candidate.
MIET AFRICA also reserves the right to do a complete verification of all information supplied.
Closing date for applications is 29 June 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.