Vacancy: Payroll Administrator
MIET AFRICA, a regional NGO working in education development, requires a Payroll Administrator. This is a 12-month contract position. The successful applicant will be based at MIET AFRICA’s head office in Durban.
- Payroll Management
- Manage preparation of monthly payroll for approximately 300 employees
- Manage all the inputs in the payroll i.e. new employee, exits, and other changes
- Ensure correct deductions for tax, provident fund, medical aid.
- Implement garnishee orders and other ad-hoc deductions
- Record and maintain all the relevant details of the employees on the payroll system
- Ensure that payments and statutory returns are completed timeously and accurately
- Balance and reconcile the payroll monthly
- Print and distribute payslips
- Issue the relevant documents to the employees pertaining to salary changes, as they occur
- Attention to detail and accurate processing
- Leave Management
- Record all the leave forms received on the payroll system
- Issue monthly leave reports to the relevant managers
- Ensure the leave forms are filed accordingly
- Ensure accuracy of leave days to the timesheet
- Time Sheets
- Ensure monthly timesheets have been completed and submitted on time
- Ensure that all timesheet’s cost share is completed
- HR Administration
- Assist with the induction of all new employees and ensure correct contracts have been signed by employer and employee
- Process medical aid + provident fund applications and exits
- Responsible for the overall administrative duties in the HR department
- Assist with the recruitment and selection process
- Relationship Management
- Liaise with provident fund and medical aid brokers
- Ensure that any requests are attended to within agreed timeframes
- Responsible for legislative reporting pertaining to payroll activities, including
- Annual Employment Equity Returns
- Annual SETA Returns
- Annual COID Returns
- Quarterly STATS SA returns
- Provide ad hoc reports as and when required
- Ensure that reporting deadlines and established quality standards are maintained
- Ensure that monthly payroll file and reconciliations are provided timeously
- Ad hoc requests
- Ensure that all ad hoc requests are carried out to established standards within negotiated time frames
- Certificate in Payroll Administration. Diploma in Human Resources is an added advantage.
- Minimum five years’ experience working with Pastel Payroll and HR modules, including trouble shooting
- Strict adherence to systems, procedures and controls that ensure the HR and Payroll records are correctly and accurately recorded
- Knowledge of sound labor practices
- Very strong knowledge of legislation, statutory bodies and requirements
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and outlook and Pastel
- Good communication/mediation skills
- Time and document management
- Attention to details
- A commitment and professional ethical standard
- Collaborative work style and commitment to set deadlines
- Experience in the NGO environment an advantage
Interested applicants should email
- A letter of application, clearly stating “PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR”
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copy of ID
- Copy of latest salary slip
- Copy of the following qualifications
- Matric/Grade 12 certificate
- Pastel Payroll qualification
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
MIET AFRICA reserves the right not to fill the post or to re-advertise to widen the pool of applicants.
The salary package will be discussed with the successful candidate.
Closing date for submission is 24 August 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.