Education: My Right! My Future! Programme: Libode District, Eastern Cape
MIET AFRICA, an NGO working in education development, seeks to appoint a Training Co-ordinator to provide training and support to primary schools in the Libode District, Eastern Cape. The successful applicant will be responsible for the overall coordination, training and support of district officials, teachers, caregivers and community members of the Education: My Right! My Future! Programme in the Libode district. This is a partnership programme between the National Education Collaboration Trust, Educate a Child and MIET AFRICA, and aims to support out of school children to access school, attend school regularly and complete their primary schooling.
Knowledge and experience required
- Relevant tertiary qualification (graduate) in education and/or development
- Knowledge and experience in the education and/or development sectors
- Expertise in addressing barriers to learning experienced by vulnerable children is an advantage
- A minimum of three years’ experience in project coordination, adult facilitation and training, and community partnership building
- Knowledge of basic monitoring and evaluation (data collection and management)
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with project partners, clients and stakeholders at all levels
- Computer literacy (MS Office package)
- Valid and unendorsed driver’s licence
Key Performance Areas
The training coordinator is expected to ensure effective project implementation by coordinating all activities, providing training and ongoing monitoring implementation of the project.
Interested applicants should:
Send an email, clearly stating “Training coordinator Libode 2018: Eastern Cape” in the subject line, and attach:
- A letter of application, clearly stating the position
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copy of ID
- Copy of work permit (if non-South African resident)
- Copy of valid and unendorsed driver’s licence
- Copy of qualifications
- Copy of recent payslip
- An affidavit stating that you have no criminal convictions. If you have previously been convicted of a crime, a full disclosure of the criminal conviction should be stated on the affidavit.
To: HR on firstname.lastname@example.org
Note the following:
The salary will be discussed with the successful applicant.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
MIET AFRICA reserves the right not to fill the post, or to re-advertise to widen the pool of applicants. It also reserves the right to do a complete verification of all information supplied.
Closing date for applications is 18 May 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.